- Comparative study of Chinese and the US international treaty behavior: Torture in the US and China (Asian Journal of Public Affairs).
- Evaluation of the impact of nationalism on negotiations between Taiwan and China: Preface to the Volume (Chinese Yearbook of International Law and Affairs) and GoogleScholar Link.
- State alliance decision making after internal conflict. (data forthcoming)
- Study examining the motivations behind the development of the UAV/drone program in China.
- Analysis of demographic decline in East Asia: Demographics in East Asia (ASPOS Rasmussen submission, 2012).
Working papers (pending review):
- Evaluation of Chinese impact on contemporary UN peacekeeping: The Changing Politics of Peacekeeping China’s impact on United Nations peacekeeping (Rasmussen Aug 2015).
- A theoretical study of soft power and public diplomacy: Towards a Theory of Public Diplomacy (March 2014, Ivan Rasmussen).
- InstituteLEAP working paper on the fifth generation of Chinese leadership (prior to the 18th Communist Party Congress): From PLA to MBA (Rasmussen 2012)
Other research interests include Chinese international treaty behavior; American foreign policy; debates in international relations and international law; East and Southeast Asian affairs; negotiation and conflict resolution; and diplomatic studies.